Saturday, October 29, 2011

Predictable

I don't know what it is about this year but I'm not amped for Halloween. Decorating was delayed and I just now bought candy, both tasks that normally would have been done weeks ago. I felt like I was forcing the excitement. I even contemplated not going out this year.

But then I realized that this is probably the last year I will dress up and celebrate at a bar so I gave in and threw together a costume. I always have terrible costumes (except for last year's!) 




Mike never plans a costume until 24 hours before the party so it's always frantic around October 27.

No joke --every year I talk Mike's head off about my favorite holiday and beg him to plan a costume, but the day before the party I always get the text "Did you pick out my costume yet?"

I picked this gem out and it was a hit. BUT it required pre-planning!


True to form my beloved hubby texted me yesterday to ask what his costume should be. He hated every idea I suggested because I told him at this point he had to work with what we had in the house. Then he informs me we are going to the costume store today: the Saturday before Halloween. Uh, no thanks. That place will be insane!

At least I have MY costume planned.

Hopefully the boy will find an idea he can tolerate before we head out tonight!

2 comments:

  1. "But then I realized that this is probably the last year I will dress up and celebrate at a bar " ... is there something you're not telling me?

    Also, I am much older than you and I dressed up and was in a bar three nights in a row over the weekend. Please don't tell me there is something wrong with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are asking me if I'm going to be a mummy the answer is no.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...