Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Great Pumpkin Chase

People, I have a problem. I am a hoarder.

A few weeks back I started thinking about pumpkins; it’s already well-known that I love Halloween so the fact that I was thinking about pumpkins in August shouldn’t be odd.

After deciding to make pumpkin oatmeal I went to the grocery store and they didn’t have any canned pumpkin. Thinking it was out-of-stock I checked back a few days later and still nothing. This is when I learned it’s a seasonal item and that there was a shortage last year and stores stopped carrying it. Commence pumpkin panic.

All I could think about were the delicious treats I was missing out on. I scoured stores for weeks thinking it had to arrive soon. There are already Christmas decorations in Costco - where is my pumpkin?!

Today I was in Target and there it was in all its orange-velvety goodness. I may have let out a small yelp and started grabbing the cans off the shelf.


Here’s the thing: I want to be embarrassed by the fact that I cleared the shelf of all but 2 cans.

But I’m not! I should have bought more!

Tomorrow morning I will finally get my pumpkin oatmeal. Now if only Halloween would come sooner…

2 comments:

  1. Be sure you get some later in the season and keep it on your shelf for the coming year and pumpkin cravings in, oh, May. I did that last fall and it worked out for me :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...