Wednesday, September 15, 2010

HFStival

This weekend I'm going to HFStival.

HFStival is a huge, day-long concert thrown by a local radio station in DC that used to take place every year, until the radio station shut down. When I was a teenager, I lived for HFStival. All of the best bands were there and everyone from your school talked about it the next day. I first went when I was 15; my parents were the coolest. I wish I could say the same about myself:





Oh yes. That is Val and I posing with a member of Good Charlotte. My shirt says "I'm with the Band." And yes, I actually thought that would help me get backstage. I thank God everyday that I found Mike.

HFStival held so many good memories for me. I saw dozens of bands I loved, shared tons of laughs with good friends and crowd-surfed my little heart out. It was pure bliss for a punk girl like me. Mike and I were even there the same years--what a small world!

And then all of a sudden, it was gone. No more radio station, no more concert. Heartbreak.

Imagine my surprise when I saw an advertisement for HFStival 2010:


Image from Google


Billy Idol? Everclear? THIRD EYE BLIND? Sign me up! I was excited.

And then we all slowly started to realize that we are old. Val, Beckie and I had to trade in our pit tickets for actual seats because we couldn't imagine standing all day. I'm whining because I don't want to drive the hour to the venue. Spending hours surrounded by sweaty loud people is now my worst nightmare.

This weekend should be interesting. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...