Friday, June 11, 2010

Sigh-Day

It's been a tough week.

Let me start by saying I have been trying really, really hard to turn my temper around. I tend to freak out over tiny things and I would like to not have a heart attack by the age of 30, so I've been trying to take things in stride as of late. This week has definitely tested me and today did not help.

Work has been busy. Like uber-busy. Like come home and collapse busy. By today I was so drained that I don't really remember leaving the house. I got to work and realized I was wearing a shirt that was too short and a skirt that used to fit me, but was now hanging well below my waist.

Of course I realized this after I had just left one of my clients and saw my underwear hanging out in plain view. I paper-clipped myself into my skirt. It was one of those days.

Today was also payday. I don't splurge on myself much since car insurance, phone, medical bills and specialty food cost me a pretty penny. But today was Stephen day. I had been waiting to buy my two-day ticket to a Stephen Kellogg concert. I waited until I knew I had the funds, clicked on the link...

SOLD OUT.

I needed some retail therapy. I don't really shop much, but I do have a weakness for necklaces. Enter Charming Charlie's, which sells cheap jewelry. I walked into the store and everything is separated by color. And most of it is under $10. It was so overwhelming I wanted to cry. I tried to look at everything, but before I realized it an hour had passed and I wasn't even halfway through the store.

I walked out with all this goodness, and that was after I had to stop myself:



Of course, on the way home I got lost. The store is 10 minutes from my house. I have lived in Richmond for 8 years and I get lost more than I care to admit. And when I get lost, it's not "one wrong turn" lost; it's "20 minutes out of the way" lost.

I guess today won after all, but I put up a good fight!

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there. I think the yellow necklace is my fave! Will you take me to Charming Charlie's the next time I'm around?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe if you're lucky I'll send you a present from there.Maybe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...