Friday, September 11, 2009

Staying Within The Lines

From the minute we started discussing buying a house, I, like any female, was under the impression that I would be in charge of decorating our new abode. After all, did I really want to trust the aesthetics of our new house to a guy who's go to color for everything (and I mean everything) is navy blue?

To his credit, Mike has always said he didn't have any decorating sense. "I don't know what I like, but I know what I like when I see it." Poetic, really.

That's not to say I know what I'm doing when it comes to sprucing up our home. Everything I own is beige and I can barely paint my nails, let alone a wall. Needless to say, we need help.

Fortunately, I stumbled across this blog a few months ago and my decorating sixth sense has kicked in. It's about a couple from Richmond who bought an old rancher a few years back and has been fixing it up on the cheap ever since. Everyday I'm on their blog, thinking of ways we can mimic their style in our future rooms.

Jackpot. Welcome to our new bathroom:


Simple. Chic. And best of all, cheap. Mike swears he can paint this...and that the stripes will be even. I told him both statements have to be true for this look to work.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...