Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy not a Father's Day!

Mike and I had such a great little Sunday!

For our anniversary I bought Mike tickets to a Richmond Squirrels game. Today was game day and we set out for lunch beforehand.

We had heard about Black Sheep before and once it was featured on 'Man vs. Food' we knew we had to make a visit.

The restaurant is tiny so we had a bit of a wait, but we busied ourselves on the back patio with some drinks and a rousing game of Trivial Pursuit (which I won!)




The restaurant was so snug - I loved it!




Nothing matched: salt and pepper shakers, plates, silverware. It was so eclectic! So awesome.

They specialize in enormous sandwiches and Mike and I dug in. He ordered the Asian-inspired U.S.S Wyoming with tofu and pork:


And I ordered the U.S.S. Brooklyn with jerk chicken and banana ketchup:


Those were HALF sandwiches. The big ones are called Battleships!

Chris and Lauren -  you guys would LOVE this place!!

After lunch we headed to the stadium.


I worked for the Richmond Braves for 5 years and this was the first time I have been to a game without having to work!


We had great seats and a clear view of all the entertainment.




Unfortunately the Squirrels didn't play so well and were soon down 9-0.


But we still had a ton of fun!

Happy Father's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...