Friday, June 10, 2011

Going to Market

Last Saturday the husby and I got all domestic and visited the local farmer's market.


We heard good things about the market and I was excited to buy some fresh fruit and veggies. The market was set-up on a field and had tons of booths to visit. There was even a band playing!


We wandered around for a bit to get a lay of the land and to check out these cute bunnies (!!!)


I settled on some veggies and Mike picked up a pound of fresh shrimp.






I was a little disappointed there wasn't any fruit but I can't wait to feast on the snap peas, green onions and squash we got! It's amazing how different fresh produce looks in comparison to store-bought. It really made us think about what's going into our bodies when we eat those products.

We'll definitely be visiting the market more this summer---maybe I'll get some fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...