Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Beach Bods

I’ve mentioned how we’re going to the beach with friends in a few weeks. It’s gonna be a week long fun-fest and I can’t wait!


When Mike and I realized that meant a week in bathing suits we both decided it was time for a lifestyle overhaul. I just learned about the “Newlywed Nine” which is similar to the “Freshman Fifteen.” I reached both these milestones.

Diets were out of the question since we both don’t believe in them, so when I started reading about eating ‘real food’ I was hooked. This website explains it better than me but the idea is to eat full-fat foods with plenty of whole grains, fruits and veggies. The more I learned the more I saw how perfect of a fit this is for us!

Not only do you eat healthy foods but you get to eat more – that’s what sold me! We started a few weeks ago and haven’t looked back. Mike tends to follow the Eat This Not That cookbook while I get a lot of ideas from this site. Once you realize what goes into packaged, diet, or low-fat groceries and how your body can’t process the additives it makes you think twice about grabbing for the Oreos.

I’m not one to get on my high horse (that’s a lie!) but this way of eating is awesome. I have so much more energy and I don’t even crave sweets. I rarely drink soda anymore (!!!) Feeling this good has made me want to feel even better, so I’ve been exercising every day. Mike’s down like 3 pants sizes and his clothes hang off of him. I think I can see an ab muscle or two on my stomach.


We don’t deny ourselves any treats - as ice cream is my biggest foe - but there is a lot less guilt associated with it now. And I’ve learned I don’t need the extra-large scoop with chocolate sprinkles.

Only a month until the beach! How many more pants sizes will Mike drop? Will I achieve at least a 3-pack stomach? Stay tuned…

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...