Saturday, May 21, 2011

It's the end of the world as we know it...oh. Dang.

I am the first to admit that I have totally bought in to this whole May 21, 2011 Judgement Day.

No, I don't believe anything that Family Radio is preaching about the world ending at 6:00 today. But I am a God fearing Catholic and I would be remiss to not have at least a tiny bit of fear.

Today sure was a beautiful last day:


Mike asked me today how much of a percentage I was betting that this was our last day on Earth. I said 6%. He rolled his eyes big time. I am an intelligent girl but I buy into the media hype the same way I did about Y2K. So all day my eyes drifted towards the clock as I thought how I might only have a few hours left.

We decided to have our own 'Rapture Party' and cook up one final feast. On the menu was a shrimp bake: shrimp, potatoes, sausage, onions, corn, fresh bread and beer! We dropped by Whole Foods and picked up some fresh shrimp and sausage and I made my own six pack:


Just HAD to try the 'Hebrew' which is apparently 'The Chosen Beer' and is a 'Messiah Bold.' It's also "The Beer You've Been Waiting For." Quite fitting.


Mike slaved over the stove cooking our delicious dinner:


And we dined al fresco at exactly 6:00 pm.



As you can see we survived. Hope you all were as lucky as we were.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...