Friday, January 28, 2011

Fight for it!

I know a lot of my posts have been health/exercise related lately. I promise I am not turning this into a fitness blog, but I’ve found that if I write about my efforts, it motivates me to stay on track. So bear with me--and maybe have a candy bar in my honor? My current favorite is Peppermint Patty.

Last night I started the Jillian Michaels “30 Day Shred” DVD. As you can tell she is my go-to trainer because I need someone to just yell at me to stop “phoning it in.” I’m still following her yoga workout but there are only 2 levels and I wanted to try something else so I don’t get bored. Before I bought the DVD I read a lot of reviews. All of them were 4 stars and up which I figured was a good sign that I could do it. A quick trip to good old Tar-Jay for the DVD and the hand weights and I was ready to roll.
 

As soon as I started I realized I was in trouble. I can’t do 3-minutes of push-ups and I haven’t done a jumping jack in years. Both are required just for Level 1. I can’t remember the last time I lifted a weight and 2 minutes in I’m supposed to be doing rapid arm curls. I also do not own sneakers. Probably would be helpful.

I got my butt kicked—there were several times when I was ready to stop, but Mike would wander in and shout “Good job!!” so that gave me some extra energy to keep moving. He’s a great cheerleader :)

I’m not anticipating any major results with all this exercise but it does help with the guilt when I reach for that extra Peppermint Patty!

Yoga image found here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...