Friday, November 5, 2010

I guess I should learn how to cook.

I'm not ashamed to admit I've gained a little 'post-wedding weight.' I never had much of an issue with my size; ever since going wheat-free my weight has stayed around the same. But once I said "I do" it seems like the pounds have found me and are here to stay.

I'm totally ok with this. My husband loves to cook and I love to eat. I enjoy watching hockey and drinking G&T's and stuffing myself with Sticky Rice. I absolutely hate exercising. This is my lifestyle; I've accepted it.

But the other day I went to put on my jeans and they were tight. I looked at the bowl of leftover Halloween candy and sighed. My metabolism had finally failed me...it was time to take action.

I looked up recipes and hints on how to cut calories (did you know whole milk is better for you in your coffee than half & half? Fascinating.) I hadn't been grocery shopping in weeks so I made a very detailed list. It was two pages long and I typed it. Not messing around.

2 hours later and I walked out of Kroger $200 poorer and not feeling good about anything I bought. It is really difficult to shop wheat-free and not spend a fortune, FYI.




This receipt is embarrassing. LOOK AT THIS THING--it takes up half my couch and nearly all of my fridge!




It took three people to bag my groceries--the cashier asked if I wanted her to come home with me to unpack everything. Zing.

Tomorrow I am making turkey chili in my crock pot. I'm fairly certain I can't screw it up, but don't put anything past me....I've set fire to boiling water before.

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious...on all accounts!

    Ain't life grand? love momma

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...