Friday, November 26, 2010

Gobblin' Up Time with the Family

Mike and I spent our first Thanksgiving as a married couple in Northern Virginia. Since our families live so close to one another, we were able to make stops at both houses for the holiday.

We arrived Wednesday evening at Mike’s parent’s house and were immediately greeted by hugs, kisses and this little angel:




It’s been about 2 months since we last saw Abigail and I could NOT get over how different she is! She’s focused on everything happening around her and is full of facial expressions. 




She’s all smiles and you can tell she knows Chris and Lauren from everyone else because she lights up whenever they talk to her. She’s also totally determined to grab at things—check out the game face:




We had a great night with “the in-laws” and headed to my parent’s house on Thanksgiving morning. My grandmother was in town and it was Mike’s first experience being around her for more than a few minutes. She has quite the personality and I promised Mike I wouldn’t leave him alone with her, but Grandma Teddy took a shine to him and talked his ear off--all night long. I wish I could say it was funny but it just became sad when she chose to ignore the rest of us and talk solely to him. He did get briefly sassed by her when he forgot to hold her hand during the prayer before dinner and she made a point to sternly inform him that “We hold hands during grace. Always.” He just smiled and nodded. I owe him big time for that one.

Dinner was delicious and my first turkey dinner in many years didn’t disappoint. I ate until I couldn’t eat anymore, which says a lot. 




Unfortunately, Mike and I both had to work today so we said our goodbyes and hit the road back to Richmond. I was definitely thankful we didn’t hit any traffic because I was sleepy. Once we got home I went straight to bed! Overall it was a quick trip, but I’m glad we were able to fit a visit in with everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...