Friday, July 23, 2010

Memory maker

I've already talked about how I'm not one to hold onto things I don't use everyday, but I do have a heart. There are some things I can't bear to part with--I still have the stuffed kangaroo that my dad bought me the first day I played basketball in fifth grade, because of my great jump shot no doubt.

When the engagement/wedding process started we received all types of sentimental notes and cards and things that I just couldn't throw away, so I bought a memory box to store them in. Over the months we've tucked other items in there, like our rehearsal dinner menu and the room key to our honeymoon suite from St. Lucia.



But something about the box bothered me. I have a tendency to either want to hide everything or hang it all on our walls; there's no middle ground. It felt wrong to box all those memories up, but I couldn't think of a way to display it tastefully. My friend Katie suggested I get a shadow box frame and use that to show off the little mementos from our wedding.

It took me 15 minutes and $10 and this is what I ended up with:



I'm pretty happy with it! I am the complete opposite of crafty and this was really easy. I took our program, save-the-date, placecard, and some favors and just taped everything to the felt back.


Kind of makes me want to start saving things again. Kind of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...