Thursday, May 13, 2010

Musical memories

I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to music. Despite living in one of the most scenester cities in the U.S. I don't claim to know the hippest bands or turn my nose up at other people's musical tastes. People should listen to what makes them happy and shouldn't be judged for that. Unless you like Creed. Never okay.

I love to challenge people to name their favorite songs. It's so interesting to me to hear what people choose and the logic as to why they chose each song. My songs never stay the same--if you asked me now I would probably pick completely different songs than two years ago.

But my reasoning never changes; I love songs that remind me of a certain time in my life. I can still remember sitting in the boys' old apartment watching them completely rocking out to The Darkness. It's one of the reasons we chose it as the entrance song for our friends at our wedding:





Mike grew up overseas and had a different musical background than I did. Lisa Loeb comes on the radio and he knows every word. God it makes me laugh:




Can't wait to see what songs will remind me of all the memories we have ahead of us! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...