Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wedding recap: Post-ceremony

Sigh of relief! We made it through the ceremony and we were married!!

More than 5 years of dating and 14 months of wedding planning finished; I was officially Mike's wife! We pranced around the church (ok, I pranced - Mike just shook everyone's hands) and hugs were exchanged as we waited for the crowd to thin out. We decided not to do a receiving line after the ceremony, instead opting for the more personal table-to-table visit at the reception. Apparently no one else got this message.

Megan asked us if we wanted to take the traditional family and bridal shots inside or outside the church. The weather was so beautiful that we decided to go outside. Big mistake. Most of our wedding guests were still waiting when we went outside, causing mass confusion when were taking pictures because no one was looking in the same direction.

We grinned and beared it, rounded up the bridal party and climbed into the limo. Champagne was passed around as we celebrated the first few minutes of our marriage with our closest friends.

We headed to downtown Richmond for our post-ceremony pictures. We don't have any of those pictures yet, but when the first one we took was a "This wedding sucks" picture in the middle of a crowded street, I am fairly certain they are going to be awesome.

We moved onto the Canal Walk, which was packed on a Saturday afternoon with tons of visitors. Everyone gawked at us as we arrived and boats passed by yelling "Congratulations!" I hated it.... Lies! I loved it! Shower us with your attention! Tell me how pretty I am!

Another moment I captured to my memory: all the girls were standing by the water's edge, waiting for our turn for pictures. Erinn wildly flailed her arms while telling a story, and nearly knocked some random man into the river. I could not catch my breath; I was laughing SO HARD. I looked up and the other photographer was snapping shots of all of us laughing. I am so excited to see those pictures!

After the group shots Mike and I went for solo pictures. We spent about 30 minutes on our own and while I've only seen this one shot, I am already happy with the potential:

With all the pictures completed, we headed back to the hotel. We were ushered into a private room with some food and drinks so that we could compose ourselves before the reception began. I can't explain how nice it was to have this room. Mike and I both agree that those 20 minutes with just our friends was one of our favorite moments.

Erinn and Lauren got to work fixing me up before the grand entrance. Normally I don't like being fussed over, but I gave in and stuffed some mushroom caps and another gin and tonic into my system.

As we prepared to walk into the banquet hall, all of the couples paired up to be announced. I let everyone know that since they would be walking into a ridiculously goofy song, they should have fun with their entrance. I couldn't help but laugh as I looked around at how seriously everyone took those instructions, practicing their twirls and dips. I love our friends.

My cousin Edward walked into the reception hall, took the mic, cued the music and it was time for the party to begin!

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to mention the time in the "holding room" when your brother decided to pull my chair out from under me and my dress ripped when I fell on my behind in front of all your friends. And all I saw was poor Kyle's face locked in surprise and his mouth forming the perfect "O" as I somewhat gracefully went down. Oh, wait. Were you leaving that out on purpose?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...