Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Gut Check

I’m fortunate to work with some lovely girls. We all get along and it helps ease the stress in our jobs, which also makes the work day go by so much faster.

Since we’re all around the same age, we are all at pretty much the same point in our lives. Katie just recently got married, and Kristen is expecting her first baby next month. It’s great to be able to share stories about our lives and learn through each other’s experiences.

I recently decided I’ve taken this “sharing” to a whole new level. Kristen sits less than two feet away from me, so I can always hear when snack time comes for her and the little one. Of course we all have a mid-morning snack, but I found that I started adding more snacks throughout the day because Kristen was having hers.

I became a sympathy eater.

I know I’m not the only one who eats more at work than they do when they’re home, but this was ridiculous! The worst part is that Kristen is a candy-addict; I started making trips with her to the vending machine (hey, pregnant ladies need their exercise!)

This bad boy is my new foe/love of my life:

Seriously, is there anything more delicious?

I’m trying to reel it in, but it’s really hard to when you’ve unknowingly trained yourself to eat every hour. Oh and PS, I do not exercise. Gyms are the devil. Instead, I’ve resigned myself to staring at my perfectly altered wedding dress and hoping that will just do the trick.

Wish me luck—11 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...