Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Jasper.

There is a new resident in the House of Z's, and it's giving me the chills.

Allow me to introduce you to Jasper:



Mike and I were very blessed this Christmas. We were spoiled with all types of goodies from both of our parents and siblings and siblings-in-law, and we still have the wedding to look forward to this year. We truly could not ask for anything more.

We were in NOVA last weekend to see "The Young Frankenstein" with Mike's family and to celebrate a late Christmas. On his Mom's (white) fridge was a series of magnets that looked like a snowman. I giggled as I walked by it. Clever.

Later that night as we were unwrapping presents, I heard Mike laughing hysterically. We had received our own fridge snowman. Awesome, right? I was excited. Well, apparently not as excited as Mike. He showed me the snowman a few times that night. And talked about it on the way home. And made me assure him that we had a white fridge.

When we got home, as we unpacked the new drill, the new Coach bag, the new GPS, the new jewelry, all the new clothes and unloaded our new grill onto the deck, Mike's eye kept getting caught on one bag. The snowman.

I looked at him and asked if he wanted to put it up.

Him: "No, no. It's ok. Christmas is over."

Me: "Yes, but it's still winter."

That's all he needed to hear. That snowman was up in 5 minutes, and the giggle was back.



Snowman needed a name though. Jasper was born.

And the rest is history.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...