Saturday, December 19, 2009

Let it snow, Let it snow...Ok, that's enough.

We are officially in the midst of our first snow storm in the house. And it's a doozie.

The weather forecasts were a bit iffy: first it was a few inches, then it was rain. Then "wintery mix." Friday morning, the forecast was grim: up to a foot of snow was expected.

I decided to listen to the weatherman. I canceled an appointment with the musician for our wedding scheduled for Saturday morning and stocked up on the essentials: gluten-free bread, peanut butter, rum. You know; the basics. Work let us out early Friday afternoon and I booked it home to beat the storm. I wasn't messing around.

Mike had to work today (Saturday) and was already planning his exit strategy. The snow started falling around 4:00, and by 9:00 we were snowed in:






I'm giggling and snapping pictures. Poor Mike is trying to maneuver his truck down the icy driveway so he doesn't have to do it tomorrow morning.

The snow just kept coming. And coming. And then the hail came throughout the night, waking us up as it pounded against the sunlights in the kitchen.

4:30 AM came and Mike got up for work. We had well over 10 inches of snow at this point and his truck was covered! Since we live on a cul-de-sac, I imagine it will be days before we see a plow truck. Firemen don't get snow days, so my future hubby just forged through and made it (thankfully!) safely to work.

I have no plans of leaving the house today. Especially when outside now looks like this:







I can't even open the back door!





And the snow is still falling. Looks like it's gonna be a White Christmas after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...