Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Decisive and Intuitive

I love resolutions. I'm down with the idea of starting fresh in the new year, but I never stick to my resolutions. One year I said I would give up swearing. Another year I said I would be nicer to people. Both lasted about 12 hours. I also have a pretty high self-esteem so I rarely see anything about myself that I'd like to change. Wish I was kidding, but I'm not!


But this year I've got two doozies that are achievable and will definitely help me improve myself:


1) Be more decisive.


I cannot make a decision for the life of me. I want to please everyone but more so don't want to be blamed if the decision I make is bad. The responsibility of planning things is unbearable, which is ironic because that happens to be my profession. I'll talk endlessly about how badly I want a plate of nachos and once we get to the restaurant I opt for a sandwich instead. It drive Mike nuts. I need to change that.


So I resolve to make my decisions and stick to them, no matter the consequences. 9 times out of 10 my decision is the right one but I hem and haw so much that make myself sick. No more.


2) Be more intuitive of my eating habits.


This resolution is my Everest. You know how you always hear "Eat until you're halfway full, and then stop?" Yeah that's not me. I scarf down my food. I eat snacks throughout the day just because they're in my face. I eat portion sizes equal to Mike's and I certainly don't require as much fuel as he does.


My feathers get ruffled when people say to me "You're so skinny, how lucky you are!" Uhhhh people. Get with it. I am not genetically blessed. My metabolism gave out on me when I was like 9. I weighed 40 pounds more in high school than I do now. I exercise every day to break even and I can't just have a slice of cake when the mood strikes me. But I've accepted this, which is why I get so frustrated with myself when I'm at my parent's house shoveling Aunt Pat's cookies into my face right before dinner starts.


So I resolve to listen and focus more when eating. I'll eat what I crave, not just because it's convenient.


I hope that by putting this all out there I will stick to it! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I give you the 12 hours you mentioned and an additional 36 but that it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the being bore decisive thing! Go girl.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...