Wednesday, April 27, 2011

It's a good thing I like avocados and water.

Fair warning: this post is going to be gross. I'm probably about to share too much but I like to keep it real. So bail now if you're not on board.

Today I went to get tested for food allergies. I was tested about 5 years ago and reacted to almost every food, which left me unsure of the results. Eventually I felt better (especially after eliminating wheat from my diet) but I was always a little skeptical.

Recently the symptoms I felt before have returned so I decided it was time to get re-tested. While I recommend it, allergy testing is the worst. They prick your entire back with samples and wait for the reactions. And then they take syringes full of samples and put it under the skin on your arms to further measure your reaction. Awful, awful, awful.

As much as I joke about it, I figured there was no way I could react to every food again. The first test had to have been contaminated somehow and I would find out I wasn't allergic to anything.

Wrong!






Mind the terrible camera phone quality but you can get an understanding of how badly I reacted. Just imagine everything bright red and swollen. And my back looked exactly the same way. These pictures just make me laugh.

The nurse was in shock. The doctor said he didn't know what to tell me. Needless to say I'm still allergic to everything. At least I got the day off work!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...