Tuesday, March 29, 2011

VC Ewwww

Things have been a little crazy here in Richmond the past few days. Everyone has basketball fever, which is totally awesome.

Downtown Richmond is lit up with Ram Pride:


Sticky Rice has the "Black n' Yellow" roll:



The city has really rallied around the team and people are enjoying every second of this incredible run. It's totally crazy but so much fun.

I too have gone a little crazy--the VCU chant has been on a non-stop loop in my head. But that's not the worst of it. Superstition has set in.

Behold, 'the shirt.'


I wore that shirt when VCU beat USC in the first round of the tournament. That was on March 16. Since then, I've worn that shirt while watching every game. I have not washed it. For those counting, that's 13 days.

At first it wasn't so bad--I just tossed it in the hamper. But sitting under dirty clothes for a week didn't help, nor was it a good idea to toss a cleaning rag on top of it. On Sunday Mike raised an eyebrow at me and said "Still wearing the shirt?" Later that day I spilled nachos on it. When laundry time came it got separated from the rest and returned to its home in the hamper.

If you think that's gross, my friend Sarah hasn't washed hers either---but she is wearing it every. single. day.


Disgusting? Maybe. But I'm not taking any chances.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...