Friday, July 2, 2010

Hi, my name is...

Today I went into Target to pick up some prescriptions. I've been getting my prescriptions filled there for quite some time and have had very little issue, other than their automatic refill line constantly calling to remind me to pick up my stuff. Honestly, 5 times is enough--I get the hint.

So today I ran in after work and headed to the pharmacy. I gave him my name and explained that all I needed was the one refill and not the second, very expensive migraine medicine that was refilled ahead of schedule. He searched diligently and found nothing.

I spelled my name and once again explained that I had received several phone calls about how my prescription was ready--"Honestly sir, what is the point of the reminder hotline if the prescription is not going to be prepared when I arrive? That's just not convenient." Still no luck.


I was now borderline sassy to the man who is always very nice and helpful to me, but I was annoyed. He looked my name up in the computer and quietly asked "Ma'am...did you recently change your last name?"

"Uh. Yes."

Yup. I had been barking my maiden name at him like a crazed animal, completely forgetting about my new last name. I quietly paid and left.

Maybe someday I'll get used to this new name. Someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...