Wednesday, March 3, 2010

When It Rains...

It has been one heck of a week.

It started out well enough; we met with the church on Saturday morning to go over the results of our marriage class survey. It was surprisingly fun—the lady had a great sense of humor and we ranked really high in all of the categories--we even scored 100% in some of them!

I still think some of the questions were rigged. For example, the question ‘There are traits in my future spouse that I find annoying.’ Obviously we both answered ‘Agree.’ That’s not what they wanted to hear…we failed that one. But hey, we’re realistic! Regardless, the church is going to let us get married.

Next up was the menu tasting at the reception site. I guess I didn’t know what to expect because we were both stupid enough to eat lunch before we went. They prepared a feast for us! We tasted everything that is going to be served at the cocktail hour and reception and trust us, it is going to be delicious. I left rubbing my belly and wishing we had boxed up the leftovers.

Sunday was the big day for me: the final dress fitting. Maybe I shouldn’t have stuffed my face the day before? I walked into the shop thinking about every brownie and second helping of tacos I had consumed over the past 13 months.

The dress fit within an inch of my life, which I’m told is how it’s supposed to fit.

(Side note: I don’t know who invented the belt that goes in a wedding dress, but I love you. You have just ensured that I will be tearing up the dance floor come April.)

I strutted around that shop with the biggest grin on my face. And then I left it there because there is no way I can be trusted to hold onto that dress without spilling something on it before the wedding.

So the weekend was great! And then came the week.

Monday I started feeling ill. Not good, considering the bachelorette party is this weekend. Then Mike and I decided we needed to grow-up and get our taxes done. Considering there was a lot on the line this year with the home-buyer’s credit, we scheduled an appointment with a professional for Tuesday.

Talk about sickening.

Almost 2 excruciating hours later our taxes were done. I will say that there is no way I could have done this myself, but it’s definitely scary to trust someone else with this task. I was second-guessing everything the guy did, and we did pay for the extra-assurance package in case the IRS catches a mistake.

Since we’re not married yet we had to file separately. Final results come in and the accountant says “Well, one of you is going to have a nice return and one of you is going to have a not-so-nice return.”

Guess who had the not-so-nice return. Womp Womp Womp. Good thing what’s yours is mine now, right honey?

As if that wasn’t enough, we come home to find out a gift that someone bought for us was mistakenly sent to our old apartment address. This was my fault, as I failed to change the registry address to our new house. Thank goodness it was brought to our attention!Unfortunately, it turns out that the new residents at the apartment decided they would like the gift too, signed for the package, and have been in possession of it for almost a month now.

Mike decided he was going to go knock on the door of the current residents. Shockingly, these honest folks didn’t answer. He then called the manager’s office and told them the story. The manager called the resident, who said “Yeah, we have it.” WHAT?! They are going to drop it off in the office today. Can’t wait to see what shape it’s in.

Like I said; it has been one heck of a week. And it's only Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...